Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Due to worn universal joints, these problems may occur:
- Movement in the universal joint
- Clunking noise when accelerating, decelerating, or reversing
- Vibration while driving
Good Maintenance Practices
- Driveshaft angles should not exceed 22 degrees because universal joints cannot run at higher driveshaft angles unless specially designed. Also you can:
- Inspect your universal joints for wear or missing clips.
- Pull your vehicle's e-brake and put the tires on blocks.
- Put your vehicle in neutral and crawl underneath it to rotate the driveshaft back and forth.
- Move the driveshaft forward and backward.