Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Unexpected noises: scraping or squeaking noises when driving over road imperfections or clunking noises at the bushing mounting points may indicate worn bushings.
- Difficulty steering: steering and drivability issues may signal badly worn bushings.
Good Maintenance Practices
- Inspect or have your stabilizer bar bushings inspected regularly, following exposure to events that may harm the components, or when you experience signs of bushing wear.
- If you choose to replace your vehicle's stabilizer bar bushings, you should also inspect your vehicle's sway bar end links and replace them as necessary.
- Unless you must remove other suspension components, replacing the stabilizer bar, its bushings, or its end links should not require a wheel alignment following installation.