Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Unexpected noises: scraping or squeaking noises when driving over road imperfections or clunking noises at the bushing mounting points may indicate worn bushings.
- Difficulty steering: steering and drivability issues may signal badly worn bushings.
- Abnormal tire wear: worn bushings may result in abnormal tire wear patterns.
- Alignment issues: an inability to set the proper alignment for your vehicle may indicate worn bushings.
Good Maintenance Practices
- Inspect or have your leaf spring shackle bushings inspected regularly, following exposure to events that may harm the components, or when you experience signs of bushing wear.