Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Signs of wear for an auto transmission oil cooler include but are not limited to:
- Transmission cooler leaks
- Low transmission fluid level
- Transmission gears slipping or not engaging
- Wet signs under vehicle or at transmission line connections
Good Maintenance Practices
- Keep transmission fluid clean and full.
- Do not tow over vehicle towing capacity.
- Be sure transmission cooler is properly mounted.
- Regularly inspect automatic transmission oil coolers for signs of damage or failure, and replace them if they are found.