Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Indicators that there could be a problem with your vehicle's starter are:
- Engine will not crank
- Engine cranks slowly
- Clunking/grinding noise when starting engine
- Starter will not engage
- Other vehicle parts that might cause related starter problems include:
- Electrical fault
- Loose mounting bolts
- Sticking starter drive
- Damage to flywheel
Good Maintenance Practices
- Check electrical connections, making sure they are kept clean.
- Make sure all connections to the battery are firmly attached and in good condition.
- Keeping all connections clean and tight will make sure your starter will crank with full power.
- It is very important to try and keep the starter area clean from leaking car fluids or any other debris that may be near it.