Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Good Maintenance Practices
- Before purchasing and installing an engine timing chain tensioner, make sure it is the correct size and fit for your vehicle.
- Be sure to have timing marks lined up when replacing any timing component.
- Have proper tension on timing chain or belt to prevent vehicle from jumping time.
- Have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light illuminates.
- Have your vehicle inspected immediately if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light flashes rapidly, as this could indicate an engine misfire condition which may damage your engine and/or engine emission components.
- Regularly inspect tensioner for signs of damage or wear, and replace them if signs of damage are found.