Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Signs of wear for drive belt tensioner assembly include but are not limited to:
- Worn or cracked tensioner pulleys
- Drive belt squeal
- Tensioner misalignment
Good Maintenance Practices
- Before purchasing and installing a drive belt tensioner assembly, make sure it is the correct size and fit for your vehicle.
- Be sure to have the replacement tensioner properly aligned to the other drive component pulleys.
- Have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light illuminates.
- Have your vehicle inspected immediately if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light flashes rapidly, as this could indicate an engine misfire condition which may damage your engine and/or engine emission components.
- Regularly inspect assembly for signs of damage or wear, and replace them if signs of damage are found.