Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Signs of wear for engine harmonic balancers include but are not limited to:
- Engine vibration
- Excessive drive belt noise
- Balancer wobble
- Abnormal sounds
- Reduced engine power
- Unusual odors while the engine is operating
Good Maintenance Practices
- Before purchasing and installing an engine harmonic balancer, make sure it is the correct size and fit for your vehicle.
- Check the harmonic balancer for excessive movement or wobble.
- Check for uneven wear on the drive belt, which can indicate that the balancer pulley is out of alignment.
- Have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light illuminates.
- Have your vehicle inspected immediately if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light flashes rapidly, as this could indicate an engine misfire condition which may damage your engine and/or engine emission components.
- Regularly inspect engine harmonic balancers for signs of damage or wear, and replace them if signs of damage are found.