Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Signs of Wear & Troubleshooting
- Signs of wear for engine intake manifold gaskets include but are not limited to:
- Engine misfire
- Overheated engine
- Fluid level loss or coolant mixing with engine oil
Good Maintenance Practices
- Before purchasing and installing an engine intake manifold gasket, make sure it is the correct size and fit for your vehicle.
- Do not overtighten intake bolts.
- Use only approved gasket silicone.
- Have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light illuminates.
- Have your vehicle inspected immediately if the ‘Service Engine Soon' light flashes rapidly, as this could indicate an engine misfire condition which may damage your engine and/or engine emission components.
- Regularly inspect engine intake manifold gasket for signs of damage or wear, and replace them if signs of damage are found.