Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Good Maintenance Practices:
- The following inspections and maintenance procedures can help prevent potential brake problems.
- Check brake fluid level at every oil change. Replace fluid according to owner's manual recommendations.
- Calipers and wheel cylinders should be checked every brake inspection and serviced or replaced as required.
- Inspect the brake lines for rust, punctures, or visible leaks (You may be able to do this, but consult a qualified technician if necessary).
- Check the thickness of your brake pads.
- The following should be conducted by a qualified technician:
- Inspection of the brake hoses for brittleness or cracking.
- Inspection of brake lining and pads for wear or contamination by brake fluid or grease.
- Inspection of wheel bearings and grease seals.
- Parking brake adjustments (as needed).